Morocan Chickpea Bowl
I like to make all of my meals as easy and convenient as possible so I buy most of the bowl ingredients frozen, pre-chopped, pre-cooked, etc. Feel free to sub any of them out for fresh ingredients and cook yourself!
Yields: 2 large meals or 4 smaller sides
Spice Blend Ingredients:
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1/4 tsp coriander
- 13 oz container chickpeas, rinsed
- 1 small container Love Beets, chopped
- 16 oz bag frozen butternut squash
- 5 oz container leafy greens
- 1/4 cup sunflower or pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Lay frozen butternut squash on a sheet pan and rub with avocado oil, salt, and pepper. Roast for 20-30 min or until browning.
- Sautee greens with salt and pepper and until wilted.
- Add chickpeas, Love Beets, greens, and squash to a large mixing bowl.
- Thoroughly mix in spice blend and seeds.
- Enjoy warm or cold! Or try serving over brown rice or quinoa!
Recipe inspired by Be Well Bakery and Cafe